Thanks for being part of WISPIRG and helping make 2011 such a success.
Check out some of our highlights from the year:
- Protecting Wisconsin’s lakes and streams by collecting 1,200 petitions to our legislators and putting on events like the Algae Plunge to get the issue in the news.
- Hosting our annual Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week, which included educational flashmobs, a moving panel discussion, and a benefit show that raised hundreds of dollars for local food banks.
- Building more energy efficient communities by educating 5,000 Madison-area elementary school and college students about energy efficiency and conducting 100 home energy surveys to help homeowners save energy and money.
- Teaming up with the cast of Mad Men to make a Funny or Die video supporting High Speed Rail.
- Reducing the burden of student loan debt by capping students' monthly loan payments and stopping aggressive cuts to Pell grants, the federal financial aid program that serves more than 9 million students.
- Working with more than 100 interns, 300 volunteers, and thousands of online activists on campus to advocate on issues that YOU care about.
By joining together and funding WISPIRG here at UW-Madison through segregated fees, we've been able to bring about some great results. Thanks for your support.
Of course, there's still a lot to be done on all of our campaigns. I’m excited for next semester.
- About Us
- Local Chapters
- Get Involved